Sunday, January 12, 2020

Diary Of A Female Baller: Lauryn Swann 24' Teaneck, NJ - Teaneck Middle School - NJ Sparks - Entry #1

Lauryn Swann

Hello basketball world,  this is L checking in with my first entry.

Monday 12/30

I had the whole day off so i spent it sleeping and playing 2k. i never take my off days for granted because i never know when the next one is coming. But today's off day was much needed. I'm kind of mad that my whole winter break was spent waking up at the same time that i do for school and training for 3+ hours majority of the week but the grinding will pay off soon.

Tuesday 12/31 

I Woke up at 7 to go to training. We get there and I see Jerry isn't there and its 8 o'clock already. Its around 8:20 and Jerry still isn't there so we just start the workout w/o him. We go through our usual routine getting shots until and he’s still not there by 8:45 so we end the workout how we normally do. I went to my friends house until 11:45 and then came back to Jerry’s. He was there this time but he was laid out on his couch in his office knocked out cold because he was sick. He was too sick to train so I went home and got to relax for the rest of the day. I was too tired to watch the ball drop and i was sleeping by 9.

Wednesday 1/1

I woke up around 7 to go to Jerry and again he wasn’t there but the other trainers said he was coming in later. So it was only me and 2 other boys so we played horse and king of the court for an hour and a half to get some shots up and work on some moves. By like 9:30 i got dressed and went to go to a diner w/ my mom so we could come back to Jerry at 12. When we got back to the gym he was there but in a really bad mood. He made us run a lot and it wasn’t very fun running on a full stomach but I pushed through it until 1 and I went home to chill and do my homework before i go back to school tomorrow.

Thursday 1/2

I had to set multiple alarm clocks to get myself ready and alert for school today. (3 a.m., 5 a.m., 5:45, and 6). I finally got myself up and threw on the outfit i picked out last night. I did my hair and fed my dog and ate. I was ready by 7:20 and went to school. There was barely anyone there and everyone was half asleep which was good because in majority of my classes we didn't learn anything new or we played games. I got out of school at 2:43 and I had to go down to the weight room in my school because i had to work out for a little bit w/ the athletic trainer at my school because i was on the return to play protocol for my school basketball team because I had a concussion. After i was done w/ that I waled w/ my friends a couple of blocks to get some food. We hung out for an hour and walked back to the school. My mom picked me up and I had to hurry and go home to change so I could go to Jerry. It took way longer than it normally did and I was late. But I worked out for an hour and a half then i went home to eat then I had to go back to my school at 8 for practice until 9:30. After that i went home to finish my homework and study and I went to bed.

Friday 1/3

Woke up at 6:30 did my morning routine and got to school around 7:40. School day went by really slow. got out at 2:43 then hung out for a little bit. I Went to practice then got home to do my homework and went right to sleep.