Monday, February 19, 2018

Diary Of A Female Baller: Emily LaPointe 19' (Staten Island Academy, NY) Entry #2

Emily & Family

Hello basketball people, this is Emily 
checking In with week number #2 Entry.

Monday February 12th

Today I woke up early in order to study a little bit more. I went to school and took my test and quiz. In school today we played Family Feud. Every month my school does an even based off of something called a “house system.” After school I had practice from 5:30 to 7:00. When I went home I studied for my biology test. After I had studied and showered, my mom and I watched some of our favorite shows. I went to bed around 11:00 so I can get a good nights rest and be prepared for my test tomorrow. 

Tuesday February 13th 

This morning I was a little nervous about my biology test. After I took my test, the rest of the day was stress free. We were supposed to have practice after school but because so many of my teammates were sick or injured, we went to watch Saint Joseph by the Sea play because we are playing them this Saturday. Before I went to the gym, my trainer, my dad, and I went to the gym and I put some shots up. After watching Sea play, I went home and studied for my math test. 

Wednesday February 14th

Today was a big day for the boys varsity team at school. It was the day of their championship game. My teammates and I along with many others from the school, decided to take a fan bus to Friends Seminary to watch them compete. Before we left, one of the basketball players, that is a senior, asked me to prom! It was really exciting and I can not wait to go. Unfortunately the boys lost by six to Dwight. I came home, took a shower, and went straight to bed. 

Thursday February 15th 

School was relaxing because it was the first day of the week that I did not have a test. After school I had practice from 5:00 to 6:30. We focused on our game plan for Saturday’s game against Sea. After practice my family and I went to the College of Staten Island to watch the boys island championship game between Saint Peters High School and Curtis High School. All of my friends are on St. Peters and they won the championship! I went to eat with my mom and dad and than went home and went to sleep. 

Friday February 16th 

I had off from school today because it is Chinese New Year. I had practice from 11:30 to 1:30. Because it is the day before our game we did a lot of shooting and guard forward break down drills. After practice I went home and helped my mom clean the house and get ready for my family to come over. My family was coming over to celebrate my brothers 18th birthday. It was really great to spend time with all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins! 

Saturday February 17th 

IT IS GAME DAY!! This morning around 6:30 I woke up and went shooting with my dad and trainer. I shot till around 8:00. I went home, ate breakfast, and took a nap. When I woke up, I ate lunch and put my music on in order to get into game mode. I went over to the gym around 5:30. We won 79 to 52! My team played really well together. The ball movement and energy was really great! I had a triple double. 

Sunday February 18th 
This morning I had practice from 10:00 to 12:00. We shot around a lot and went over some things to prepare us for our game on Wednesday. After practice I had SAT tutoring from 12:15 to 2:30. When I came home I spent the day with my family.