NEW JERSEY GIRLZ HOOPS 2016 / 2017 PRE - SEASON TOP 20 LIST.
1. Manasquan - TOC Runner Up Last Season, Plus they have All Returning starters. Dara Mabrey, Faih Masonius, Addie Masonius, Stella Clark, Victoria Glavan.
2. Rutgers Prep - Made it to the TOC Semi-Finals Last Year. They are very Deep, In They Go as far as Jahsyni Knight Takes Them, She is the Engine That Drives The Bus, Along With One Super Sophomore In A Bunch Of Freshman.
3. St. Rose - Another Team That Could Have Possibility Been At The 1# Spot, One Of The Best Coaches In New Jersey Coach Whalen Always Seem To Get The Kids To Play For Him In Know There Role. They Also Have A Few Players That Can Flat Out Score Or Just Be Well Coached.
4. The Patrick School - With The New Two New Editions Of New York States Transfers Mimi Reid And Zaria Dorsey, The Patrick School Could Easily Take The State By Storm In Become A Top Contender, They Also Have Q. Hoppie St. John's Signee A New Head Coach In A Few Assistant Coaches That Stayed With The Staff, That Should Also Help Out.
5. St. John's Vianney - Coach Karpell Lost 5 Starters Last Season, That Played A Big Part of Vianney's TOC Championship, They Will Be Anchored By Kim Evans The Seton Hall Signee, Vianney Is Very Deep With Some Good Talent. Coaches Daughter So.Sarah Should Provide A Spark, So. Sajada Bonner Also Should Give St. John's A Lift.
6. Gill St. Bernard - There Fate All Boils Down To How Healthy The UMass Signee Alexia Allesch Stays. They Have Some Transfers That Will Play A Big Role, So. Nisani Santiago Is One Of The Toughest Combo Guards In The State.
7. MiddleTown South - Returning 4 Out Of 5 Starters Should Help South Make A Big Run, Sr. Haley Dalonzo St. Peters Signee Is Back From Injury. Filling The Shoes Of Stephanie Karcz Will Be Huge Who Graduated Last Year. Freshman Kayla Richardson Will Give Them A Boost If It's Starting Or Coming Of The Bench.
8. Newark Tech - Tech Is Ranked 7th Because Of A Few Reasons, Coaching Is Definitely One, And Getting A Couple Of Transfers From A Once Powerhouse Shabazz. So. Mariah Perez Is A Huge Part Of There Offense, If She Steps Up This Year This Could Be Techs Year To Make It To The TOC.
9. Franklin - I'm Just Going To Say One Word Diamond Miller, This Young Lady Can Carry A Team Well On Her Back, She Has A Little Help In Guard Jr. Camille Gray And Post Monique Davis - Campbell.
10. Queen Of Peace - LSU Signee Raven Farley-Clark Is And Should Have A Big Year For Peace, The Lost Of Asonah Alexander (Injured) Will Surely Be Missed. Point Guards Jr. Forever Toppin And Sr.Sydney Watkins Will Help Take Over In The Backcourt.
11. Immaculate Conception (Lodi) - Very Talented Field, Put The Question Will Be Can They All Play Together In A Short Period Of Time. Sr. Brey Ballard, JMU Signee.. Sr. Danelle Deoul George Mason Signee...
12. Red Bank Catholic - A Good Shore Conference Team That Will Probably Finish In The Middle Of The Pack.
13. Notre Dame - Freshman Post 6'4 Erica Porter Will Be The Work Horse In The Middle, Lost Some Major Key Parts In The Big's Department And One D1 Guard. The Jr Crawford Twins Eve And Maryam Return And That Should Give Them That One Two Punch.
14. Paterson Eastside - New Jersey Is Still Waiting For A Breakout Season From Jr. Andrea Aquino, The 6'9 Jr Post Should Be Going Into The Season Fully Healthy. This Is A Guard Ridden Team, Let's Just Hope That There Guards Can Get The Ball To There Big.
15. Rumson Fair Haven - With Legendary Head Coach Retiring (Sourlis) The Question Is What Will Rumson Fair Do. Well They Will Be Lead By D1 Prospect Jr. Guard Tori Hyduke Who Is Always Electrifying When The Ball Is In Her Hands, Sr. Hannah Scanlan (Bryant) Has Trim Up This Season, And Sr. Katie Foos Should Shine.
16. Gloucester Catholic - One Of South Jersey Best Teams, Should Go Undefeated In The Area Until They Meet Up With The Likes Of Rutgers Prep, St. Rose Or Gill St. Bernard In The States There Enrollment Is Down Which Switches Them From Non - Public A To Non - Public B, They Will Be Lead By Sr. Danielle Sanderlin (Canisius) Who Will Hold Down The Middle, Sr. Niya Saab, And Boston U Bound Sr. Tenisha Pressley, And Transfer So. Aziana Baines Will Make Things A Little Easy For Coach Lisa Gedaka Until State Run.
17. Saddle River Day - This Was a Cinderella Team Last Year, So. Michelle Sidor Should Lead The Charge.
18. Rancocas Valley - Are Returning All 5 Starters from Last Year, Sr. Jonsie Ledbetter (Bloomfield Tech) Will Lead This Team Very Far In The Group V States.
19. Camden Catholic - Jr. Post Brittany Garner Is The Lone Wolf On This Team, Coming Back From Missing All Of Last Season, Will Probability Have To Get It Done All By Herself.
20. Cherokee - Sr. Isabel Therien (Loyola, MD), Izzy Is The Only Starter Back From Last Season But Is Surround By A Bunch Of Talented Underclassmen.